ARC HT-T DatasheetSource: A.W. Chesterton Company
An advanced ceramic composite formulated to protect equipment from corrosion and erosion in elevated temperature water solution immersion. This system is a high viscosity composite that is applied by trowel or plastic applicator tool in one or two coats, as required. ARC HT-T is applied at a nominal thickness of 900 - 1150 microns (35 - 45 mils). It is a 100% solids non-shrinking composite. ARC HT-T provides exceptional corrosion and erosion protection to high temperature equipment handling water solutions. Colors are black and green. The cured product also provides outstanding blister and abrasion resistance with a high gloss finish.
Composition - Polymer/Ceramic Composite
Matrix - A two component, modified epoxy resin structure reacted with a cycloaliphatic amine curing agent.
Reinforcement - A proprietary blend of ceramics, designed to provide exceptional resistance to permeation, erosion and corrosion.
Material is available in two package sizes: 4 and 16 liter kits. Each package contains two premeasured containers. A mixing tool, brush, plastic applicator and application instructions are enclosed with the 4 liter kit. The 16 liter kit contains only application instructions.
Based on a 900 microns (35 mils) thickness:
4 liter kit will cover 4.5 m2 (48.4 ft2)
16 liter kit will cover 18.0 m2 (193.75 ft2)
Recommended for continuous immersion in elevated temperature aqueous solutions in the range of pH 2 – 14.
- Heat Exchangers
- Pump Volutes
- Pump Impellers
- Condensate Pumps
- Pressure Vessels
- Hot Water Pumps
- Drill Mud Circulating Equipment
- Oil/Gas Separators
- Oil/Water Separators
- Oil Extraction Manifolds
- Condensate Tanks
- Sugar Process Equipment
- Exceptional permeation and blister resistance in high temperature water applications, including mild acids and bases.
- High gloss surface reduces drag, improves flow and pump efficiency.
- Tough resin structure resists thermal-mechanical shock.
- Outstanding adhesion insures reliable performance with no undercutting or underfilm corrosion.
- Advanced reinforcement design provides outstanding abrasion resistance.
- Ability to in-service cure in static conditions reduces application costs and downtime.
- High voltage spark testable per NACE SP0188.