Centrica British Gas Case StudySource: EMC Corporation
British Gas (part of the Centrica group) is the largest energy supplier to Britain’s domestic and business market segments. Operating under the British Gas brand (Scottish Gas in Scotland), the company provides gas and electricity services to 15.7 million residential accounts and over one million small and medium business (SMB) and enterprise business users. Because the company operates in a highly competitive market, consistently achieving high levels of customer service is of critical importance.
In recent years, British Gas has invested in systems and people to improve customer service. A key element of this is the ability to provide information to front-line agents to enhance their ability to deal with customer enquiries quickly and effectively.
- Tracks, archives, and retrieves large document volumes — 87M documents per annum generated
- Integrates with Siebel CRM
- Increases customer service levels — with relevant customer information available instantly
- Saves time and money by reducing customer call handling times
- Provides exact images of customer correspondence to front-line staff.
- Availability of complete histories of critical customer documents
- Meets compliance requirements
- Supported by EMC Consulting Services