Hydraulic Tubing Drain (HTD)Source: Fike Corporation
The Fike Hydraulic Tubing Drain (HTD) provides a positive method to equalize the fluid level in tubing strings without mechanical manipulation.
The Fike Hydraulic Tubing Drain (HTD) provides a positive method to equalize the fluid level in tubing strings without mechanical manipulation. The HTD utilizes rupture disc technology to provide accurate and reliable actuation of drain openings downhole. The HTD has been used in many types of wells to eliminate the potential hazards associated with pulling wet tubing strings.
The Fike HTD is simple in design and utilizes applied hydraulic pressure to open an engineered metal disc which creates a fluid drain port to the casing annulus with no restrictions. The HTD consists of the sub and the circulation disc assembly (CDA). The HTD is normally installed box up and pin down at the desired depth in the tubing string. Fike offers a single port design and a dual port design. On the dual port HTD, CDA’s are installed at 180 degrees apart on these drains. These are normally used in highly deviated or horizontal wells.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a positive indication of open drain which reduces frequency of stuck tubing or pulling wet strings
- Drains tubing above anchors and packers
- Fike stocks all CDA disc options enabling rapid delivery of required sizes and pressures
- Provides accuracy and dependability that shear pin and mechanical movement devices lack
- Drains or circulates tubing even with the presence of solids, sand, paraffin or corrosion
- Allows producer to use double traveling and standing valves, and still pull dry strings
- Easy to install
- Metal to metal seal ensures dependability at high pressures and temperatures