Surface Pressure Equipment - Coil Tubing
The quad BOP has a four ram configuration to provide positive protection against blowouts and to secure the well in emergencies. This permits work to be carried out, under pressure, on surface equipment while the tubing is still in the wellbore. The quad features separate blind seal rams and shear rams, as opposed to a combination shear/seal ram design in the tri-modular BOP. The BOP is placed directly above the wellhead.
The quad BOP is similar in operation and features to the tri-modular BOP. Hydraulic closure system for the rams have manual overrides available. These overrides operate the rams in case of hydraulic failure and hold them mechanically locked once they are in the closed position. Pressure equalization operation is also identical.
BOPs are available in nominal sizes from 3 1/16"" to 7 1/16", with working pressure ratings from 5000 PSI to 15000 PSI. The BOPs are useable in both standard and sour environments. Standard ram assembly configurations are:
1) Blind seal rams - top set of rams that serve to seal-off well pressure when no tubing is present
2) Shear rams - second set of rams that serve to shear the tubing
3) Slip rams - third set of rams that serve to hold the tubing in place while shearing or for other applications
4) Pipe seal rams - bottom set of rams that serve to seal around the tubing, thus isolating the wellbore pressure below the rams
- available with a ported type connection which can be used for downhole injection
- available with Type H union, Type B union, flanged or client specified connections
- optional ram configurations
- hydraulically operated with any hydraulic source capable of providing hydraulic pressure
- manual lock holds rams mechanically locked in closed position
- manual override available in case of hydraulic failure
- patented optional internal porting in body to allow fluid circulation to maintain temperature during opration and in extreme ambient temperatures, hot or cold
Vanoil Equipment Incorporated, Bay 1, 8075 49 Avenue, Red Deer, AB T4P 2V5. Tel: 403-347-8280; Fax: 403-347-8281.