Fox Thermal Instruments announced recently the launch of their new product: the Fox Model FT4X Thermal Mass Flow Meter ideal for serving the Oil & Gas and Industrial Process applications.
Fox Thermal Instruments has expanded its product line with the addition of the FT4X Thermal Mass Flow Meter. The FT4X is a high-end flow meter, and it features a robust design.
The notable new feature of the Model FT4X is the Data Logger. The FT4X Data Logger records flow rate, totals, and other events and alarms. The advanced features of the Model FT4X Data Logger include:
- 40 daily totals
- Settable Contract Time defines the Contract Day
- Time/date stamped alarm & event logs; 7 year history
- Power off totalizer; power failure creates event log entry
- Display of Density and Gross Heating Value based on selected gas composition
The logs in the Model FT4X Data Logger also give information about the meter’s settings and functionality:
- View the meter’s gas or gas mix composition
- View the meter’s configuration and other meter settings
- View Calibration Validation historical test data
- View and print logs of events and alarms
The FT4X has a long list of other advanced features:
- 2nd generation non- cantilevered DDC-Sensor™ - Advanced Direct Digitally Controlled sensor technology
- Expanded Gas-SelectX® Menus – 3 onboard gas selection menus
- CAL-V™ - In Situ Calibration Validation Test
- RS485 Modbus RTU or HART - Optional Communication Protocols
- Standard USB Port – Gain Direct Meter-to-PC Connections
- FT4X View® - Software for configuring, graphing, and viewing logs
The FT4X was designed to be used in Oil & Gas and Industrial applications. It is ideal for applications monitoring pure gases, mixed gases, and even complex flare gas compositions. Gas-SelectX provides an expanded selection of gases from 3 menus:
- Pure Gas Menu: 11 common gases available
- Mixed Gas Menu: 11 common gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
- O&G Gas Menu: C1 – C9+, Nitrogen, and CO2 gases available to mix in 0.1% increments
The FT4X is equipped with the 2nd generation of DDC-Sensor that eliminates the sensor element vibration which can lead to metal fatigue and failure. Its unique design provides a technology platform for calculating accurate gas correlations for the Gas-SelectX feature.
The FT4X’s CAL-V feature allows users to confirm that the meter is functioning properly and accurately -- with just a simple push of a button.
Other FT4X features:
- Standard isolated 4-20mA output configured for flow – HART communication option
- Standard isolated 4-20mA output configured to indicate for flow or temperature
- Isolated open collector pulse/alarm output
- Remote switch input
FT4X View software allows easy adjustments to the meter configuration, evaluation of alarm conditions, collection of process data, and measurement viewing from your PC or control station. Moreover, this software can be used to initiate CAL-V -- and it automatically logs the results of each CAL-V test. If any regulatory submission is required, the software will generate a certificate for easy recordkeeping.
A USB connection port comes standard on the new Model FT4X which allows quick and easy access with a laptop.
About Fox Thermal Instruments, Inc.
Founded in 1994, Fox Thermal Instruments provides a broad range of reliable, accurate and full-featured flow meters to industrial OEMs and end-user customers. The Fox management group has decades of experience in thermal flow design, application and manufacturing techniques. Our outstanding team of mechanical, electronic and software designers have helped shape the thermal mass flow measurement industry and continue to leverage new materials and technologies to improve instrument functionality, accuracy and reliability. For More information, visit https://foxthermalinstruments.com/