Statistical Process Control (SPC/SQC)
When using Seeq, teams can easily create automated SPC control charts which can empower data driven decisions.
Production teams across the process industries need a uniform way to interpret near-real-time data to act on the right issues and continuously improve production, quality, and safety metrics.
Statistical Process Control (SPC) charts are commonly used to establish this uniform approach but are often static and require manual updates which is time-consuming and prohibitive for process experts.
By leveraging Seeq, teams can use live data source connectivity to create control charts monitoring near-real-time data and automatically updating control metrics based on grade/product code.
Within Seeq, SPC charts can be created with added context, such as product types or grade codes, to properly segment data sets and apply correct limits to specific operating modes. Seeq also allows control chart monitoring of signal aggregations adding additional flexibility to the types of processes and parameters that can be monitored. Seeq's SPC Add-on can be used for faster deployment and scaling.
As a result, automated SPC control charts can be easily created, enabling process personnel to spend less time gathering, cleansing, and manipulating data. These charts can be shared with manufacturing and production teams, empowering data driven decisions based on a robust statistical approach.
- Process data: AVEVA PI System (formerly OSIsoft), Honeywell PHD, many others
- Quality data: Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Seeq Value Search and/or Formula to identify production time periods and good production periods
- Signal from Condition to pre-aggregate process parameters for use in control chart (useful for batch/pharma use cases)
- Seeq Histogram tool to assess data normality
Calculations & Conditions
- Seeq SPC Add-on to generate a histogram, control chart, and choice of run rules
- Seeq Email Notification Add-on to enable email notifications based on run rule conditions
Reporting & Collaboration
- Automated SPC control charts can be continuously monitored with run rules flagging production deviations, with the option to enable email notifications. This report can be easily shared, so everyone involved can be kept informed with near-real-time production results.